Airport Health and Safety procurement staff have a challenging job on their hands when ensuring their workforce are fully equipped with the right Personal Protective Equipment and appropriate uniform. We’ve identified six pain points that these professionals face as they navigate the challenges fulfilling the uniform and PPE requirements for aviation staff.
- Juggling suppliers Airports are complex working environments. H&S procurement staff may find themselves using multiple suppliers to source the right specialist equipment, whether that is appropriate gloves for refuelling staff, the correct PPE for de-icing teams in the winter months, or ensuring logistics and cargo staff have everything they need to keep them safe at work. Contego Aviation Solutions is a specialist supplier of safety clothing and PPE equipment for the aviation industry, ending the need for multiple suppliers, avoiding the pitfalls of fake PPE, and creating a one-stop-shop for aviation H&S procurement.
- Budgeting Once the issue of managing multiple suppliers is solved by using a single provider, budgeting can still prove a headache for H&S staff. When you’re a Contego Aviation Solutions client, a dedicated Online Management Portal is created where only authorised items appear for purchase. Permissions are pre-set to authorise which staff can view and order uniform and equipment. The portal also provides total transparency about how much is being spent and on what, allowing H&S procurement staff a full insight into PPE budgets.
- Managing individual requirements Each employee has different needs and wants when it comes to uniform sizes and airside PPE preferences. Meeting the individual requirements for each of your staff isn’t always easy, but ensuring they have the equipment that’s appropriate for their role is imperative. Contego Aviation Solutions allows individuals to choose their uniform and PPE preferences from a pre-set list and to select their own sizes.
- Distributing items throughout the airport Once employees have made their uniform and PPE choices, ensuring easy distribution throughout the airport can pose another challenge. Contego Aviation’s WEARPACK® service means uniform and equipment is name-labelled before it leaves us, making internal delivery efficient and easy, whether it’s headed for airport cleaning staff, employees on the ramp, ground support staff or engineering personnel.
- Tracking usage Contego Aviation’s WEARPACK® service also makes it possible to track employees’ individual usage of items. It’s easy to spot when an employee is regularly re-ordering items, which can help with forecasting supply chain management, so employees aren’t caught short. It can also help identify employees that might need extra pointers on how to improve the longevity of their uniform and PPE by following the correct care procedures.
- Logo management Bespoke aviation uniforms, finished with embroidered logos or Heatseal logos, results in a smart and professional appearance. Once designs are approved, they are uploaded to the Online Management Portal, where up to five logos can be stored, for easy ordering by pre-approved staff on predetermined uniform items.
Contego Aviation Solutions stocks a wide range of corporate workwear, protective clothing and PPE for the aviation industry, including our own WEARMASTER® range. We also provide a bespoke uniform design and manufacture service to ensure you get exactly what you are looking for in a company uniform. The friendly and expert team at Contego Aviation Solutions is always on hand to give advice and guidance on the right workwear, PPE and protective clothing for your needs. Contact us now on 0800 122 3323 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
Contego Aviation Solutions is your one-stop manufacturer, supplier and distributor of workwear, uniform, safety clothing and PPE for the aviation industry and more. Part of Contego Safety Solutions, Contego Aviation Solutions is the aviation industry protective clothing and equipment supplier that can offer it all.